Walking and talking. In combination, it is a proven way to gain understanding. The act of walking is a special acting-out of the place. It implies relations among differentiated positions. That is a fancy way of saying that talking is one way of making the world our own, and walking is another.
Every person is a mashup of what they let into their lives. Exploring different conversations and new spaces, gently guided by an overarching topic allows participants the freedom to wander off point, engage in their own imaginations, as well as bring context and meaning to older places, other peoples, and different times.
These are the tours offered by The Historic Trust:
OFFICERS ROW /
O. O. HOWARD HOUSE
(Available December 2017 for Providence Academy, Officers Row, West Barracks)
- Self-Guided Walks Option 1: Printed Guides & Maps
- Self-Guided Walks Option 2: Augmented Reality on Mobile and iPad Devices
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
The Historic Trust inspires civic pride and economic vitality through education, preservation, and celebration of our community’s history.
The Historic Trust envisions a vibrant community that preserves and celebrates its rich history while shaping its legacy for the future.
The Historic Trust strives to provide value through:
- Expertise in experiential education relevant to all ages
- Expertise in management and renovation of historically significant buildings and grounds
- Leadership in and execution of community programs
- Being agile and entrepreneurial
- Leveraging opportunities and the community’s philanthropic capacity