Mother Joseph Cemetery

Mother Joseph Cemetery Tour

Mother Joseph Catholic Cemetery of Vancouver (also known as the Parish Cemetery of the Proto-Cathedral of St. James the Greater) was formerly the St. James Acres Catholic Cemetery and renamed in honor of Mother Joseph at an official ceremony on May 28, 2007. It was established in 1871, consecrated in 1882 and the 2.75 acres cemetery is located at 29th & N Street (1401 East 29th Street in Vancouver WA   98663. It is the final resting place for Mother Joseph and 169 of the Sisters of Providence, who were instrumental in the formation of the vast social service and health networks of the Pacific Northwest and Southwest Washington.

Walking Distance: .5 mile, sidewalk with some uneven ground.

Start typing and press Enter to search